Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Monday 11 January 2010

Back to the land of the living

I am back on here and on Twitter after so long away following Mum's death in September 2009. Hoping this year is better as last year was so dominated by sadness, farewells and trauma. Want to give something back to my husband and children for all the times I could not give them 100% last year. Grief is a strange and fascinating beast. This week, I have felt greedy for more of Mum's company and struggle to face the fact there are now only memories to draw on. Positively, I hope that my sudden realisation that life is very brief, will make me seize the day and do those things I so want to do like writing in particular, getting healthy, moving to a nicer area and so on. Good to be back on Twitter too but can't quite remember how to do it properly. Will perservere on all fronts. Thanks for comments and support

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate.

    So sorry to hear of your loss last year. I really hope that this year brings brighter times for you and healing too.

    Very best of luck with the writing. If you haven't yet I'd really encourage you to check out the Judith's Room site. There are lots of women there, me included, who would love to support you.

    Much love,

    Josie (Judith's Room's founder) x

    ReplyDelete