Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 October 2010

What would I tell my 18 year old self

1. You will get into Cambridge so stop stressing about it
2. Don't be afraid at Cambridge - most people are a bit scared so don't be fooled that everyone is mega-confident
3. Don't forget your roots or where you came from
4. Mum is right when she says to leave drugs alone
5. Don't get into difficult situations with boys/men through loneliness
6. Work and party hard
7. Don't reject people just because they have a different background to you
8. Don't set fire to things or take a knife to anyone
9. Life is unpredictable and you are in for a few surprises and shocks
10. You are really slim and possibly even attractive too
11. Sleep with him when you have the opportunity or you will spend a long time wondering "what if?".
12. Ease up on both yourself and other people
13. Remember you may not have these fantastic people for ever so make the most of them now
14. Someone is probably in love with you right now or at the very least in lust
15. Manage your money sensibly and don't take easy credit
16. Don't avoid things that scare you - Squire Law Library, parties
17. Reflect on what you really want to do and develop a strategy to move towards that

For number 18, I will leave it for my friends, followers etc to tell me what else I should have told myself way back then. Please feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I would also remind my 18 year old self that life whizzes by and you need to make the most of every moment. You can make all the plans you want to but life is always full of surprises...

    ReplyDelete