Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 19 November 2010

Stress Incontinence - one of the last taboos and one idea to sort it out

Stress incontinence is one of the last taboos. Even best friends often don't admit to each other that they have leaks of urine perhaps when they laugh, cough or sneeze.

Just like the celebrities such as Ulrika who do have the courage to speak out about this embarrassing issue, I have experienced stress incontinence in my time. Perhaps not surprising after 3 babies that got bigger each time and with a bumper one of nearly a stone entering my world 5 years ago. It may well be my fault as I did not do my post-birth suggested exercises and concentrated on eating the wonderful hospital food instead.

If you are a stay at home mum, stress incontinence is not pleasant but can be managed. In a work situation, it is a nightmare. I have sat in meetings and felt something down below and just felt so trapped, embarrassed and powerless.

What do you do? Back out of a room hoping that you do not look too odd. Hope to God that you have not marked your skirt or trousers. Worry about smells. None of it is any fun at all. It eats away at your self-esteem.

I have now spoken with a number of women who have some awful stories of how they have tried to manage the issue. Not many have sought a GP's advice. I did do so eventually and was quite amazed that the pills I was prescribed also had a positive impact on my depression, lightening my mood.

I was recently contacted about the Pelvic Toner. This product helps you to identify and isolate the correct muscles and exercise correctly and effectively against a resistance that you can adjust to your own ability. This is especially important as muscle strength improves.

I have not tested the product yet but did not want to hang about in promoting it as a way to tackle such a distressing issue for women. Details of clinical trials and more information can be found at http://pelvictoner.co.uk

The Pelvic Toner costs just £29.99 which is so cheap when you think just how much worry and embarrassment stress incontinence causes.

Check out the website for details of health and also potential sexual benefits.

Let's start talking about the issue so that others feel less isolated with the issue and take action to sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment