Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 December 2010

2010 - things I did not expect to happen

Well, here we are almost at the end of 2010.

My aim this year was to write a novel and to move on from the raw stages of grief following my Mum's death in 2009.

I did not complete the novel getting waylaid by blogging and reviewing. However, on a positive note, I write most days and am living and learning along the way.

I have moved on from the crushing grief and can laugh out loud and integrate memories of Mum into my life now without the pain. Time really does heal - it's a cliche but like most of them does have a lot of truth in it.

Here are some things I did not expect to happen this year

1. To find out that quality is more important than quantity when it comes to friends and acquaintances. Farewell Stanningley wives!

2. To move to a small-holding complete with chicken, cat and extra dog

3. To renew contact with a very special friend from school days

4. To see my husband walk out on me

5. To live with my elderly Dad

6. To be fired from my job

7. To be valued in cyberspace by acquaintances from college days

8. To be invited to meet up with my half-sister who I have never seen

9. To revise my opinion of one of my step-daughters

10. To finally decide that some relationships are not worth the effort but that some others are great and growing positively day by day

I am really looking forward to 2011 partly to see what happens as 2010 has brought so many surprises and most of them good ones too.

Which is not to say that I have not faced depression, ranted, raved, drank too much, questioned myself and others and all my usual stuff. But as my step-daughter told me a few days ago I a moody and stroppy cow who likes it to be all about me sometimes but she also did mention that I am special to her. I guess we can all have our bad moments and I am learning to see that I am no better but more importantly, worse than anyone else.

Happy New Year blog readers and Twitter friends. You add so much to my little world.

No comments:

Post a Comment