Here are my reasons for being cheerful this week.
1. Annie Lennox did a great job in promoting International Women's Day in the media. Listening to her reminded me how much I care about women and how very many things still need to change. To do something in a tiny way, I started my very first meme, linky-up or whatever they actually call these things (someone tell me in a comment pretty please!)based on Wonderful Women. I am disappointed at the low participation rate so far but also cheerful to read profiles of such wonderful women and individuals.
2. All three of my children have had special achievements this week. My oldest son generated the word "wow" from his teachers on Parent's Evening. He is very gifted and now has mathematic results that would be expected for someone many years older than he actually is. My other son and my daughter both got skipping certificates so I have three very smiley children.
3. My husband is still with me despite a difficult week for him where I have ranted a great deal about the plight of women in the world.
4. My puppies are getting stronger every day and we are already getting enquiries from people offering homes for them.
5. I have learned new housework tips thanks to a Twitter discussion on Spring Cleaning. I now know where to buy sugar soap and empty spray bottles.
6. It seems Spring has sprung so I am enjoying the great outdoors more. Even when putting the bins out, I was cheery as I glimpsed blue sky in the shape of a tiny heart even though the day was cloudy. Then, I looked down and saw new plant shoots. All good life-affirming stuff. In fact, I think Reasons to be Cheerful is like that patch of blue sky. In the grand scheme of things, it is a tiny initiative and yet it puts smiles on so many faces every week even when our lives are feeling a little dull and overcast.
If you want me to have a really good reason to be cheerful next week, why not join in my Wonderful Women linky up. All you have to do is let me know in a blog post about a wonderful woman in your world. It can be a short or long post. It can be an old or new post.
Wonderful Women are a reason to be cheerful so here's to all of us.
including those in other countries and I am grateful to be invited to take part in another blog hop