Search This Blog

Total Pageviews

Friday 3 June 2011

Reasons to be Cheerful

Sometimes there are weeks where it is not easy to be cheerful. I have had one of those weeks really. I have not exactly being depressed but just a bit fed up.

Half Term has not gone particularly fantastically so far. I think it had so much to live up to after that long break around the Royal Wedding and so on.

My stepdaughter lost her baby and now it turns out the doctors have not got rid of all they should have done so she is in a right state physcially and emotionally. She has longed for a baby for years so I rage at the injustice of it all.

My oldest brother has lost the use of his legs apparently permanently following two fits. As he is not talking to me, it is difficult to know how to respond to this news.
That might sound hard but he is a strange character, charismatic and difficult in about equal measure.

Oh lordy, this is meant to be Reasons to be Cheerful. Now let me think.

1. It is bin day! I don't know why but we seem to be overwhelmed with rubbish at the minute. So I am delighted to see my green bin out in front of our gate waiting for collection at lunchtime. Believe it or not, this brings me deep joy. How sad is that?

2. I have a new leather sofa and chairs. When we moved in, I inherited lots of my late Mum's furniture including a suite that whilst lovely is not to my taste. I like leather, far more stylish and practical in my view. It is soft but firm, reddish brown and "just right" as Goldilocks would say.

3. I have made progress with housework. There is still lots to keep up with but some rooms are looking a lot better than they were previously.

4. I won a competiton and received some "smellies" for the bathroom. Nothing major but always nice to receive a parcel.

5. The sun is shining and there is talk of putting our tent us this weekend.

6. My dog is looking great now. So good to see this as having puppies really took it out of her. Her coat is sleek again and she is so much more relaxed. I am sure I will be just the same when the kids go back to school next week lol.

Lacklustre reasons this week I am afraid but here's hoping for some bright and shiny ones next week.

Check out other people'e entries to the lovely Mummy from the Heart's blog hop.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having a bad time. Good on you for still coming up with cheerful reasons despite all thats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can still find things to be happy about.
    Today the sun is shining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good you can find something to be cheerful about through this difficult time, lets hope there are more reasons to be cheerful to come x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor Stepdaughter and brother that is so sad. Life can be so unfair. You did make me laugh when you said your green bin made you happy. My kids have 2 weeks off for half term as the school puts all the PD days together. I have all next week to try and keep them entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for a better week next week. Glad you are finding things to make you smile x

    ReplyDelete